I've been thinking about loss a bit lately. I've never had someone I was very close to die. A relatively distant uncle I was fond of is about the limit. But I'm getting older, and saying goodbye to some of the people you love - picked randomly - seems to be an inevitable part of that. I share things online with a circle of about fifty people. Assuming you're all about the same age as me, the chances of at least one of you dying in the next decade is 48%. The chances of at least one of the eleven people I would consider my immediate family dying in the next decade is 49%. The chances of my dad dying some time in the next ten years by itself is starting to push 20%. I don't think I am ready for it. We'll see.
Tracklisting:
1. Rilo Kiley - It Just Is
2. Kate Bush - This Woman's Work
3. The Clientele - Reflections After Jane
4. Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - What's So Good About Goodbye
5. The Cure - Pictures of you
6. Eels - Electro-Shock Blues
7. Nobou Uematsu - Aerith's Theme
8. The Go-Betweens - Dive For Your Memory
9. Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
10. Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day
11. The Chills - I Love My Leather Jacket
12. The Flaming Lips - Feeling Yourself Disintegrate
13. New Order - Ceremony
14. Augie March - Departure
15. Zoƫ Keating - Sun Will Set
No comments:
Post a Comment